Physiotherapy after a joint replacement will reduce your joint pain, increase your mobility, improve your independence with everyday tasks and increase your quality of life.
A joint replacement is a surgical procedure that involves replacing a worn away or damaged joint with an artificial one.
Our specialised therapists at The Waterfall Clinic will work with you and maintain close contact with the medical team to optimize your recovery. It is our ambition to return you to optimal function is a safe and timely manner.
Rehabilitation goals will include:
- Decreasing pain and swelling
- Restoring and maintaining full range of motion in the joint
- Increasing strength in the surrounding muscle groups
- Mobilisation of scar tissue
- Re-education of normal gait or movement
- Increasing fitness and endurance
- Promoting independence with functional activities
- Improving the quality of life
”I visited The Waterfall Clinic prior to my knee replacement in August 2020. I was very apprehensive, and Johanne explained in simple terms about how important exercise was pre surgery. My muscles were in great shape prior to surgery which makes the rehabilitation after surgery so much easier. I attended Johanne again after my operation and am now pain free and walking 5km a day. I cannot thank Johanne enough for her time and expertise.Teri Donaghy
Why Choose Us?
Access to latest
Fully accessible clinic
and rehabilitation gym